Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday

All piled into mom and dads bed as is family tradition!

I realised I hadn't posted anything on K's actual birthday. It was such a special day. Z had a "sleep over" in her room the night before as he was just as excited about her birthday because he had a special gift to give her. They woke early and made tea for Eric and I and came to wake us and pile onto our bed so she could open her gifts.

She was amazed at the sacrificial gift of money that Z had given her. (He had wanted to give her some of his birthday money and I had tried to dissuade him. He had burst into tears and said that is what he really wanted to give her as he wanted her to have a special birthday. I realised I was robbing him of the joy of giving and so said it was OK. He almost could not contain his pleasure at giving her this special gift.)

She opened her other gifts , many of them items I knew she really liked and had bought months ago! Another special gift was the mosaic mirror I made for her. She had asked when I would make her one as she had seen the others I had made as gifts for my sister and niece. Little did she know, hers was the one I started on first!



We went on to visit her Oma who had more gifts for her and then I took her and Z out for breakfast. We dropped Z back at Oma and we went to do some girls retail therapy! She spent some of her birthday money on a large green bean bag for her bedroom, a t shirt that she had been admiring for a while and some new Cd's. I bought her some much needed new jeans and another t shirt.

Good friends came for tea that afternoon and that evening we enjoyed take out fish and chips as a family. She had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!