Friday, April 24, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up : Back To Work





The weeks have flown by since our peaceful Easter holiday break.
 Full of deadlines and hours of work....essays, assignments, projects and tests. We thought Keren had a little more time to hand these in. On the one hand I am glad they had to be done now so they are in on time for the external moderators to mark, but it was really rather stressful for her to have the deadlines moved forward. I am hoping that things will run a little more smoothly for her now. High school done this way is certainly very much more demanding than the way Josh did it. 

Zak was not well in the first week of term and we didn't even attempt any school. He slept in and read and that was about it. It did make things a little easier for me as it meant I could dedicate my time to Keren. This week he has been a lot better and we got back into the swing of things. 

There have been plenty of evening hours where we have sat in the dark due to load-shedding. I don't mind it too much as I love candle light but I do feel sorry for the kids when they have assignments due and they have to work by candlelight. 

We visited Keren's art school to attend the career expo for tertiary fine art and design institutions. Keren had already gathered information from the institutions that she may be interested in as part of her life orientation project in term 1. It was still an enjoyable morning and there were all sorts of tasty treats on sale as well as arts and crafts. 
I enjoyed the wonderful treat of a morning off getting my hair done. My sweet girl blessed me with a voucher as she regularly gets her done through the academy that she does hair modelling for. This week I also enjoyed a morning birthday celebration of a dear friend. I do love that the kids are big enough to get on with their work on their own for a bit.
 There has been a steady demand for pre cut mosaic tiles for kits so I have spent hours cutting tiles. I am grateful to be able to do it in my own time between helping the kids with their schooling.

We have a long weekend this weekend and I am looking forward to spending time with the family and relaxing. 

Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!