Saturday, December 19, 2009

An early Christmas celebration

On Friday morning hubby and I decided to go into town and left the children playing on the farm in the care of my sister. J came along for the ride. We browsed the funny little Chinese shops and did a little shopping for the cottage. It was incredibly hot and a milkshake stop was needed!


Back at the farm my sister helped me to make apricot chutney. It was a fairly long process but I know it will be worth it when we enjoy it once we are home again. The kids took out all the board games and had an afternoon of gaming.It was good to hear the sound of laughter coming from the room!


In the early evening I took the kids back down to the water pump to cool off. As we were about to leave, my sister and our husbands arrived with sun downers.The children were happy they could enjoy the water pump for a while longer.


Back at the cottage, we put the table out in the garden and the boys were in charge of setting the table for our early Christmas meal together. They could not resist peaking into the Christmas crackers to see what was inside!


The kids had great fun with the streamers, party hats, masks and blowers that came with the crackers. We opened gifts and enjoyed a candle lit dinner under the stars. It was a special evening and was rounded off with left over birthday cake and G's famous coffee. I flopped into bed early with the children after a pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!