Friday, December 18, 2009

My very special birthday

WARNING LOTS OF PHOTOS......Thursday was my birthday and what a special day it was. My sister and the rest of the family really went out of their way to make it a memorable day. After opening gifts in the morning, she and her husband prepared a fantastic cooked breakfast for all of us.


My sister and I took the children down to the dam where the water is pumped into the dam from the Caledon River....the result was lots of fun had by all!


The water comes out with amazing force and it was the perfect day for this!


The boys had fun looking for "diamonds" and agates.


P hitched a ride on her cousins back.



My sister and I even braved the water fall.It was amazingly refreshing!


The boys tried to dam up the water.


Giggling girls enjoying the bubbles!


Time out after the swim...


In the evening we went up one of the hills on the farm for an amazing sunset picnic....


The views over the farm and across to Lesotho were magnificent.


The happy cousins...


My big boy relaxing...


Hubby and me enjoying the views



We came back down to the cottage for coffee and a delicious black forest birthday cake. What a splendid birthday! Not one I will forget in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wends, looks like you are having an amazing time. Missed seeing you on your birthday this year! But I can see you had a really special day. Happy Birthday my dear friend.
    Love
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!