Friday, June 12, 2009

Keepers and more

We have been learning about time among other things in our orderliness unit. Z said he wanted to make a sundial. I was not too enthusiastic at the thought of making one as I had no idea of how to go about it. You can imagine how happy I was to find an email in my inbox with a link to a site where I could down load a free paper craft pattern for a sundial! We made it yesterday but as there was a fair amount of cloud cover, we could not try it out until today. The children were thrilled at the outcome.


This afternoon K and I haded over the mountains to our Keepers club. It was enjoyable to take the scenic mountain route and soak up the views of the sea while we chatted en route. Its good that we get some "girly time " together. The boys were visiting with their Ouma for the afternoon.


We had a great afternoon and I enjoyed learning yet another new skill. We learned how to make beaded dragonflies. That seemed like the simplest pattern to begin with and we have come home with patterns for many different designs.





It was such a sense of accomplishment for both of us as we have never done this before. I love learning new things.We came up with ideas of how we could use our new found skills: fridge magnets, gift tags and cards. My next step is try out the patterns for the lavender and the gecko. K got right to work making another one as soon as we got home.


When we fetched the boys, they had been picking lemons from Oumas tree that is laden with lemons ripe for the picking. The aroma is just amazing!


I look forward to making some lemon curd and lemon juice this week. I am sure we will have to make some pancakes too with lashings of cinnamon and lemon juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!