Sunday, June 14, 2009

The weekend was rainy and cold. Saturday morning the kids headed off to Acts club for the last time this term. Eric and I had the pleasure of going for coffee and a delicious croissant and a chance to just catch up after a busy week.
Z was thrilled to achieve his certificate for attentiveness: showing the worth of others by giving undivided concentration to their words.
The girls did their last baking session. We all enjoyed eating fudge brownies and blonde's to celebrate the end of term for Acts. The older boys continued working on their woodwork projects and J will go back during the week to finish it off.


Not so "Small Paul" spoke and drew for Acts Club .
He is a chalk artist evangelist who is busy "drawing others to Christ".
He presented a clear gospel message, accompanied by a large beautiful chalk picture. Not only were Bible truths taught, but the children were inspired to use their talents, art or whatever, for our great God.
He engaged the children and it was very interactive, giving one plenty to think about. He travels around the country visiting schools, churches and prisons.

Late Saturday afternoon, a friend and I headed off to church to join some other friends for high tea. We had a wonderful time listening to a talk on the language of apology. For the first time, I understood why , when my dear husband apologises to me, it does not feel like he has apologised! He is not speaking my language of apology! (through no fault of his own!) I think I will be buying the book on the 5 languages of apology so I can identify and understand my family's language and make meaningful apologies when they are needed.

We sat down to a scrumptious high tea with quiches, sandwiches, cakes and other delights. Each table had been decorated by a different person and there were over 200 ladies there. I am sure there was food for 500!

High Tea

This morning we had another spread for breakfast. We had my dad and brother coming to join us for a late breakfast. It was good to hear all about my dads recent trip to Canada and Arizona. He spent time in Canada at a Neurosurgical Congress and was elected as a vice president. He told us amazing stories of advancement in neurosurgery regarding deep brain stimulation for obesity, depression and even possibly Alzheimer's disease. We were fascinated!
K decided to make herself a cosy little corner in her bedroom. She piled it up with cushions and blankets and teddies and has spent much time lying there reading and snoozing this weekend.

This afternoon I made her a rosemary heart hanger to decorate her bed. I think it came out beautifully!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!