Wednesday, July 15, 2009

With a million thoughts running through my head as we prepare for our long awaited holiday, I had to remind myself not to be "inwardly rushed " today. With our holiday just on the horizon, the list of things to do and get done before we go seems endless. As one task is completed, another seems to rear itself up in its place! I will relax once we are on board that early morning flight to see my precious mum and sisters.

This morning Z and I had some special time together in the kitchen as he conquered his last language lesson and assessment, and I prepared some freezer meals for hubby who will be staying behind. (I do wish he was coming too!)He a achieved a whopping 99% overall for this course. He was eager to start the new book but I managed to persuade him to wait until we get back from our holiday.

Z has recently read about the lives of famous people like George Washington Carver, Abe Lincoln, George Washington and Anne Sullivan. We discussed his future dreams and aspirations. It touched my heart to hear him say that he would like to become a scientist so he can do something about the problem of global warming or find cures for disease. He said he would need to concentrate on maths too as "maths and science are closely related". It amazed me that this little chap of mine could be thinking and talking so seriously about his future. I trust that God will prepare the way for him to live out his hopes and dreams and he will love what he does!

My "little scientist" hard at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!