Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankfulness

Today the children and I had a discussion around being thankful and how important it is to express gratitude when someone does something for you. We also read a Child's Book of Values and there was a section on gratitude. I told them about an email I had received, which tells the story of how the Japanese children thank their teacher at the end of each day for being taught. I didn't think about it much again as we continued with the activities of the day.



You can imagine my delight when K came to me with a gift later in the day. It was a brown paper bag with the words thank you on it, all tied up with a red ribbon. Inside was an "angel bear" that she had hand stitched for me, carrying a "Thank You" banner! This was so special and the little bear now graces my bookshelf to remind me of her gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!