Saturday, January 1, 2011

End of an era

The stunning view from their CT home's patio.

My darling sister and her family have been here for the last 10 or so days. It has been wonderful having my niece and nephew in our home as their mom and dad have been working so hard on getting their house ready for their new tenant. We have some occasions to enjoy their company too.
It is a bittersweet time for me as I know that they are here to pack up their belongings and move to their new farm home for good. The decision was made some months ago and I continue to grapple with the emotions and my own sense of loss that have come with the decision. However, I wish them well on their venture and know that they will be abundantly blessed as they take this next step in life's journey.

We recently spent an evening having dinner together at their old home and the teen cousins had great fun together. Cant remember where the boys were that night, perhaps at Aunty T.




Memories are made of times like these...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!