Monday, February 6, 2012

February's Gifts

The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!  ~Henry Ward Beecher

Day 31 (January)
(a gift found on paper, in a person, in a picture)
91) The story of Beatrix Potter's life that I am reading aloud to my children...it makes us laugh!
92) My daughter's hearty laughter at bedtime
&
93) A beautiful smiling picture of my Mom that is on my computer
 (I look at it often as she lives in another part of the country and I miss her )

February
Day 1
a gift found at 11h30 am, at 2.30pm and 6.30pm
94) fresh compost from our heap, put onto the veg beds by my kind husband,
95) a little before 2.30pm but still a gift: a visit from my sisters husband on his whirlwind trip from the farm to C.T.
& at 6.30
96) hubby giving me a helping hand to plant those seedlings that needed planting into the veg beds.

Day 2
(3 things overheard today, all gifts....ok just two and then one of my own!)
97) happy chatter of two friends,
98) encouraging words from father to son
&
99) a wonderful evening spent with a friend (and learning how to cook Asian food!)

Day 3
(3 gifts found in writing)
100) "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy" Job 8:21
101) Beautiful encouraging words from a dear old friend sent to me daily on bbm
&
102)"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:19

Day 4
(3 gifts found when bent down)
103) warm soft beach sand between my toes,
104) icy, refreshing waves splashing over me as I bent down into the waves
&
105) a perfectly created shell

Day 5
(1 gift stitched, 1 hammered, 1 woven)


106) a "stitched" image of where we camped this weekend
(I love that function on my camera even though I don't always get it right!)
107) pegs of a borrowed tent, hammered securely into the ground, and thankfully holding up against the strong winds that had wrecked our tent the night before
&
108) friendships woven into our lives.

Day 6
(3 gifts found outside)
109) an early morning cup of coffee brought to me by daughter as I pottered in the garden,
110)  a wonderful refreshing swim after running around doing errands this afternoon.
&
111) dinner shared with my family at dusk ...in the garden, laughing happily and then going for a swim together!



1 comment:

  1. Lovely to share your precious moments. I am glad my man could have been one of your blessings this week. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!