Friday, May 3, 2013

Five Minute Friday : Brave

Brave: showing courage and being fearless. Not something I always am, but thankful that I know He watches over me and mine and always has. He says He will be with me wherever I go. He commands me to be courageous and not to be terrified or discouraged. I take comfort in this.
As a mom, bravery is so necessary...bravery when my 9 month old needed the  hospital at 2 am on a Monday morning, ending up in high care for 10 days. Bravery when they told me my little girl may have cancer aged just 5. Bravery when we left our beloved home country for a new and strange land, bravery while living there. Bravery coming home again with no jobs cars or home. Bravery when hubby was retrenched...more than once.
Yes, sometimes bravery is just taking the next small step and trusting He is with me.

Five Minute Friday

"Unscripted, unedited, real" Lisa Jo Baker
Write for five minutes on the given topic, link up at Lisa's blog and encourage the person who linked up before you. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love your last sentence. One small step is all we need to focus on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!