Friday, July 16, 2010

My knitting projects


In the last couple of weeks, I have been in and out of a nearby hospital as I have had a client that I am caring for from Cameroon.
I have made new friends there, and one in particular has tugged at my heart strings. A brave and tiny 3 year old little girl undergoing brain surgery. She sits in her cot and blows kisses to me. Today she underwent an operation of about five hours. This little girl had to have her hair shaved off and so I dropped of a cute beanie for her to wear once her bandages are removed.
The mittens were for my own patient from Cameroon. Also a brave young man of 16 who has had brain surgery and is due for further surgery next week. He has been complaining of the cold and I saw him eyeing a pair of gloves in the shop the other day. He was really chuffed with his fingerless mittens.
Besides these two knitting projects, I have churned out another 3 and half pairs of mittens. 3 of these need to be sewn up (this weekend) and posted to my dear sister who has been waiting patiently for them to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!