Monday, November 5, 2012

Joy Dare, last of October and into November

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. ~~ Melody Beattie

Day 30
1053) despite heavy traffic and more than an hours drive, 
I am thankful I got my son to his exam with time to spare
1054) thankful he said it went well
1055) thankful for a delicious left over dinner after a really busy day

Day 31
1056) first flower on the granadilla vine
1057) first onion harvested
1058) marathon bake and chit chat in the kitchen with my daughter....
orange cake, pecan nut and carrot muffins, corn and chili bread and feta and spinach quiche
1059) surprise pack filled with all sorts of goodies to try out from Home Tester Club

Day 1
1060) brisk early morning walk with my daughter
1061) surprise gifts from a friend who recently travelled to New York 

Day 2
1062) full and fun day out with my younger two....
discovering new things at the zoology department of the university and then the dairy expo with friends
1063) my sweet toddler nephew sleeping here for the night again....
him running to greet me with arms outstretched,


him playing with the boys skateboards,
 screeching, laughing and splashing in the bath,
 high fiving the boys goodnight and kisses for the girls,
 him falling asleep next to me making sweet baby noises

Day 3
1064) feeding my nephew freshly picked strawberries in the garden at breakfast and him asking for more
1065) a much needed nap
1066) laughing, chatting and catching up with my daughter
1067) long overdue chat with my mum

Day 4
(a gift gathered, given, good)
1068) gathered....fresh garden greens for our meals
1069) given....a wonderful variety of seeds from my sister
1070) good....weather perfect for spending time in the garden today and a dinner time braai with neighbours and friends

Day 5
1071) happy laughter from my daughter
1072) a dear friend popping in for tea
1073) taking the kids out to see fireworks tonight, and despite the fact the fireworks were banned in that area, enjoying a beautiful evening on the  beach

2 comments:

  1. Way over 1000, and still counting the blessings. I love reading the best bits of your days. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!