Sunday, May 24, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: A Time of Connecting

This week has been a wonderful week of connecting. Connecting with loved ones. My God Father spoiled us with pizzas for dinner on Monday night and we sat chatting for hours. He is one of the most interesting people I know and is so interested in each and every one of us. He always has a wonderful story to tell and I think we could all sit and listen to him for hours. 
Wednesday morning my Dad and I had a long overdue breakfast together, another wonderful couple of hours. Ooh and the great food we enjoyed at a neighborhood restaurant deserves a mention too!
There was connect group and an outing with my friend to enjoy free lattes at Food Lovers. There were a couple of evenings where the family all sat by candle light enjoying music and chit chat while the power was out. And a lunch time heart to heart with my sweet girl in the sunshine. 

There was rock climbing at City Rock on Monday, I don't usually get to go as I have to do the art run in the afternoon but this week I got to see what Zak does there. It was great to see him enjoying himself and learning new skills as well as overcoming a fear of heights. 


As well as climbing, he has learned to belay too. That's him at the top!
 It was great for me to hang out and chat with some of the other home schooling moms as now that the kids are older there aren't so many outings anymore.


Besides the usual work, there is always art for Keren. She has been spending hours on her term practical, She is enjoying the space she has with the art table hubby made for her. 



On Saturday morning hubby and I visited Arderne Gardens. Definitely a place to visit again. I have always wanted to visit there and can't believe I never have. It would have been a wonderful place to take the kids when they were small. There are beautiful lawns, ponds with ducks, beautiful tall trees and one of the two biggest trees in Africa! Well worth a visit!

Weekly Wrap-Up

3 comments:

  1. Breakfast with your father and the visit to the garden sound heavenly. I regret we didn't take the kids certain places, but then I remember they can take their children one day. So I share the good stuff with them that way. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good idea! Had not thought of that. Have a great week too!

      Delete
  2. I am so ditzy sometimes. Please email me at southerngalthoughts@gmail.com with your personal email address one more time! I haven't saved you to my contacts or something, but you never come up when I need your email address. My instagram is queencitymama89. Find me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!