Monday, April 13, 2009

For Today Monday 13th April



Outside my window...it is really dark as Autumn has set in and the evenings are much cooler.

I am thinking...it would be good if the holidays were a little longer.

I am thankful for...the forests we have close to our home where we can unwind and clear the cobwebs.

From the learning rooms...well, not much as it has been holidays ,but we start a new phase this week as we head into the new term with Josh doing more self study and me taking the role of mentor. The younger two and I will be will tackling the character trait of orderliness. We have been reading Little Pilgrims Progress over the holiday.

From the kitchen and the braai...lamb chops, chicken , butternut salad , coleslaw, green salads

I am wearing...a comfortable pair of pants and a warm fleecy top in my favourite browns

I am creating...beanies for newborn babies as a local hospital needs them for the winter and K and I are knitting a teddy bear together for baby Eric.

I am going....to take the kids out for their last holiday outing to laser quest and 10 pin bowling in the morning.

I am reading...Preparing Your Daughter For Every Woman's Battle. A very well written book for anyone who has young ladies in their home!

I am hoping...to have a wonderful school term ahead.

I am hearing...the sounds of 5 guys playing a soccer match on the x box....not my favourite sound...

Around the house...there is a wonderful aroma of fresh cotton as my burner is burning.

One of my favorite things...hugs from my youngest whose primary love language is physical touch.

A few plans for the rest of the week: meet with my friend to plan our menu for our camping trip in two weeks time ;to have our dental check ups ; orthodontist for J and ENT check up for Z.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


We had a walk in the forest this evening and the boys had great fun climbing a fallen tree. We have our nephew here again so the boys can make the most of their time together before my sister and her family leave for Ladybrand.
Please visit Peggys blog at at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!