Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Patience required....

Every morning I dash outside to see how my little garden is coming along. It is so exciting to see new little green shoots popping up through the soil. Yesterday we had an unbelievably hot day and some of my seedlings really battled even though I had watered well. Sadly I lost a few.
Later in the day, T and I made a trip to a nursery .... see what I got in the wheel barrow above: basil, coriander, marigolds, lemon thyme and comfrey.



As my camera is packing up, J took a picture on his phone for me. You can see one of the tripods he and Eric built for my little garden. Beans, cucumbers, and butternuts will benefit from these by being able to climb the frame for support. The sunken pot in the middle is for watering and feeding. This morning I was out there early to plant my purchases from yesterday.

I realised that I need to just wait and be patient now. The seeds are planted and it is a matter of time before they germinate and pop up. I mustn't buy or plant any more and I must give it time.....

1 comment:

  1. I am hosting an art giveaway that you might be interested in. Stop by and take a look.
    Blessings
    diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!