Sunday, January 24, 2010

In the garden

The garden continues to bring me pleasure as I water it early each morning and check for growth or bugs that shouldn't be there! Today I picked my first radish and enjoyed the fresh peppery taste of it.

Look what we enjoyed with lunch one day this week! Z even ate the freshly picked lettuce on his cheese sandwich!

On that note, you know he has been a very selective eater for a long time.... I came up with a plan that is working: he has to try 1 teaspoon of what ever I make that he "doesn't eat". It is working SO well and he has tried the following in the last week: chili con carne (loved it), bobotie (OK), lettuce, cooked carrots and peas, butternut, coleslaw and chicken pies (he cant believe he has missed out on something SO good for so long and proceeded to demolish 5 more miniature ones!). I am so proud of him and he tries his new food with no fuss at all anymore!


Today our potatoes were ready to be planted. We choose to plant them in tyres instead of the veg beds so we have more space for other veg. Z and K each have their own tyre and it will be theirs to take care of and water, feed and add new tyres when the time is right. They filled the tyres with potting soil, compost and some rapid raiser. They are thrilled to have their own tyre each and I look forward to the day they will harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!