Saturday, May 2, 2009

Super Saturday


Mum and I headed off to the Porters Market in Tokai this morning to enjoy some time with my sister in law and an old family friend. It was a trip I had been planning since I first visited the market a couple of months ago. I knew my mum would just love it! The setting is just so pretty.

We enjoyed steaming mugs of coffee and sampling all the delicious tasters at the market. My favourites were the pestos , chutneys and cheeses as well as the best chocolate brownies ever! Just my kind of thing! I came home loaded with a box fresh organic veg, chutney, pesto and some smoked snoek.


This display of Autumn colours at the market caught my eye.

The children had been to acts club, where Z enjoyed playing games and K learned to crochet. It is a skill I have wanted to learn for some time. Hubby was busy at home re doing our lighting in the passage.We now have sunken spots instead of the ugly fittings the house came with....hooray! We had a worker here helping Eric and he has also built me a composting bin. Soon I hope to start my own veggie garden.

K spent her afternoon making herself a miniature garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!