Saturday, May 9, 2009

Acts Club

This morning was a gloriuos autumn morning with no wind and the suns rays warming the earth. It has been a week of sniffing and sneezing for me so it was great to be feeling so much better. I set off to Acts Club with the younger two and a friend. J is on youth camp this weekend.
Acts offers a sfe and fun environment for the children to enjoy group activities together. There is also emphasis on Christian character , training in life skills and sporting fun. It is run by a wonderful couple who have been home educating for a number of years. This term, the character trait is attentiveness.
The younger children play team games and do obstacle courses. Z just loves it and already says he cant wait for next saturday to come around!

Z balancing a pole on the palm of his hand.

The older girls are learning how to crochet. It is something I have always wanted to learn and so I tried my hand at it too. It did not come too easy to me but I will persevere! Knitting is far easier for me at this stage. But they say, one is never too old to learn something new....


K and her friend even took their crochet work outside on their break!
The older boys are making lamps but as J is on camp, he will continue next week.
"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"
Proverbs 22:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!