Monday, April 29, 2013

Five Minute Friday : Friend

It is no longer Friday but here are my rambling thoughts on Friday's topic.
" Unscripted, unedited, real " Lisa Jo Baker
Write for five minutes on the given topic, link up at Lisa's blog and encourage the person who linked up before you. Have fun!


Friend...
I am blessed to call you my friends. I have those who are near and those who far, but when we see each other it's like nothing has changed even if its been a few weeks, a month or even years. You are the ones who have stood by me through thick and thin. The ones who comforted me in sadness and encouraged me and made me smile when I forgot how. The ones who cared and shared when things have been tough. You and I shared what we had and made a feast. You sat on my bed and told me that it would all be OK when I thought it never would be. When my children needed another mommy person, you were there. You sent me messages or calls just to say hi from far away. You shared my joys when my precious babes were born. You shared in mischief and being silly with me, that glint in your eye or that look that we both understand. You called me your sister as you don't have a blood sister, it made my heart burst with joy. You are the ones who brings smiles and memories to treasure. You are like sunshine bursting through the clouds. I love you my friends and pray that I can can be as good to you as you are to me....

Five Minute Friday

5 comments:

  1. Such a great post to read! I would like to copy this and send it to my friends...you have written a wonderful tribute. "Friends are like sunshine bursting through the clouds!" How true!
    More Grace, Donna (visiting from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Donna, You are welcome to copy it. Feel like I could have written so much more about the wonderful people who are my friends!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Denise...could have written so much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally visiting from 5MF! It's amazing how our thoughts on friends can travel... It really can't be squeezed into just five minutes! Oh the memories with our friends!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!