Sunday, September 12, 2010

Getting back into the garden


With the spring weather, I have been itching to get back into my garden and get things planted early enough to enjoy a longer harvest this year. I needed hubby's strength and help to get a few jobs done. This afternoon we had the time to get two wheelbarrows of rich, crumbly compost out of our compost heap. We dug that into one of the beds and we planted some seedlings. We can look forward to broccoli, butternuts, cucumber, celery and chillies. I plan to pop a few seeds into the soil too. I have beans, carrots, radishes and gems I think.

We added a second tyre to Z's potatoes which have been growing well. Not sure why K's didnt fare too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!