Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Karate Kids

We had to be in camps Bay early on Saturday for morning for a kata competition. The atmosphere was charged as the children waited with butterflies in their tummies for their turn to compete.I must say, I too find it nerve racking watching my children compete.



I just love watching the concentration on their faces as they go through their moves. K was up against 4 girls of her age with higher belts than her own. She did well, taking the third place and winning a bronze medal.



J on the other hand, was up against boys with not only higher belts, but the SA Champ and two others with Province colours!

Above, he and Logan compete. Logan has Province colours and is an upcoming SA Champ!



J did well, coming in third place with a bronze medal. The SA champ won and Logan came in second. I look forward to next Saturday when J goes for Western Province trials for Kata and Kumite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!