Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Early Bird Christmas Crafts


I have been feeling SO guilty about signing up for the Early Bird Christmas Crafting and not having posted a single blog entry about it. We have been so busy with trying to end our term so we can have a well deserved break.

I have however been ever so busy knitting at every opportunity. I have made the younger two children each a pair of fingerless mittens. They love wearing them! I have churned out another two pairs, one for my niece and one for my sister. I have another pair to make for my nephew. Then I will be done....for now that is. I plan to make a few more pairs as gifts but they wont be for Christmas as our Christmas is in the summer.

I thought some other early bird crafters may enjoy the pattern though:

Using 3.25mm needles and double knit wool, C/on 42 stitches
Knit Rib (K2,P2) for 24 rows
Change to 4mm needles and stocking stitch for 8 rows
mark each end of row
stocking stitch 12 rows
mark each end of row
stocking stitch 8 rows
change to 3.25mm needles
Rib 8 rows
cast off
To Finish
Sew up sides, leaving the area between the two markings free for thumb.

Thanks to a dear friend who sent me this quick and easy pattern.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!