Monday, June 7, 2010

Eating our way around the world


The children have spent time making beautiful, bright note booking pages for their world cup studies. They know those flags off pat and I enjoyed walking through the mall with Z as he called out all the flags he saw.


Z bought himself some fun "arm warmers" with his pocket money. I didn't even know such a thing existed until yesterday. He chose to buy Netherlands arm warmers as his daddy is from the Netherlands. ( I really liked the South African ones as they are so colourful.) They are fun to wear as one can wear a T shirt with the arm warmers. They look cute and he has worn them at every opportunity!

When I planned my grocery shopping, I thought it would be fun to eat foods from the different countries represented in the World Cup....



Today my little chefs prepared a German meal.



They made a German potato salad, some red cabbage salad and sausage........
complete with a German Flag!


They had a great time preparing the food and eating it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!