Monday, March 26, 2012

March Joy Dare Week 4

"We don't have to change what we see. Only the way we see." Ann Voskamp
No matter what ....I continue to count....
Day 20
(3 gifts that made you laugh)
266) the way my sweet nephew waved at PB Bear on the TV when he said hello....too precious
267) my daughter telling me the story of hungry seagulls eating chips off her head!
268) laughing and crying watching "The Help"

Day 21
(a gift salty, a gift sweet, a gift just right)
269) salt water pool, kids splashing, playing and having good old fashioned fun this afternoon
270) chocolate crunchies brought by my dad when he popped in for coffee unexpectedly this morning
271) a public holiday today...needed a day with no pressure, relaxing and enjoying a braai at our neighbours

Day 22
(2 gifts found in His word)
272)  "The Lord placed His throne in heaven and is King over all" Psalm 103:19
273) "The Lord is merciful and loving, slow to become angry and full of constant love.
 He does not keep on rebuking;
 He is not angry forever. 
He does not punish us as we deserve or repay us for our sins and wrongs." Psalm 103:8-10
 & more my own
274) seeing my daughter enjoy teaching younger girls
275) a sweet friend sending me hot freshly baked bread and a jar of grannadilla butter
276) watching them graduate tonight
277) hubby home from a day's work

Day 23
(3 gifts found in women today)
278) my wonderful neighbour taking my kids (and 5 others) to the beach by train for ice creams to celebrate the last day of term
279) reading Ann's posts, always a gift to me
280) sharing a good laugh with girl friends this evening

Day 24
(3 gifts spoken)
281) my daughter's thanks, thanks for taking her to a pilates class this morning
282) invitation to have dinner with a friend....though I love cooking, a night off is always great
283) invitation to have coffee at my neighbour.....her new coffee machine is tops!

Day 25
my own
284) hard work, 4 hours solid in the garden, good for the mind and the body
285) a friend taking my boy and 4 others...... with 3 dogs for a long walk in the forest
286) left overs for dinner

Day 26
(3 gifts almost gone)
287) apricots from my sister's visit in January...frozen and used the last tub to make jam today
288) chocolate from my birthday in December...still one box left to share with my mum while she visits
289) the wait...she is almost here....should be a half hour before my mum arrives this evening....cannot wait!


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your lists Wends. I think I need to get Anne's book too. Miss you my friend and always praying for you guys. X Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!