Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June's Joy Dare into week 2

As we head into June, no matter what may come, I continue to give thanks....

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you"
(1 Thessalonians 5:18)

June
Day 5
(a gift of peace, of hope, of love)
579) gift of peace - His peace, settling my anxious mind
580) gift of hope - His promise of a hope and a future
581) gift of love - my mum's constant prayers
&

582) spending the day touring " a never seen before" area of our city with my three children,
loving learning together
583) hubby helping me with dinner of mince and rooti and enjoying hearing about our day

Day 6
(3 gifts ugly beautiful)
584) harsh words turned around with apologies and forgiveness
585) a kitchen with dishes piled high but a beautiful meal enjoyed
586) street art my daughter has been photographing, her project coming together beautifully

Day 7
(3 gifts in what you are reading)
587) " His love is a radical love" from Love Like Him
588) " The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..." 
from our morning Bible study
589) escaping every now and then for a bit of down time with the novel I am enjoying

Day 8
(3 gifts empty)
590) empty jam jar after lunch of crumpets topped with jam & cheese made by my sweet daughter
591) empty house...kids off for an impromptu afternoon of fun with friends....
giving me much needed quiet time to work on some admin
592) " heavy" and aching empty arms after rocking my solid little nephew to sleep tonight....him peacefully asleep, blessed to have him in our lives

Day 9
(3 gifts that made you really smile)
593) the amusing things my witty teen boy comes up with
594) on asking the children who remembers what a sarcophagus is?...
one of my kids saying, "that thing in your throat"....laughter is good medicine!
595) my youngster's cute explanation of how simple it is to drive: one foot to go, one to stop and press in the middle to hoot!

Day 10
(a gift at 8 at 12 at 2)
596) @ 8 still asleep, lovely to have a little lie in
597) @ 12 enjoying the winter sunshine
598) @ 2 or there abouts, visiting my friend at her new house

Day 11
(2 gifts painted)
599) paintings on my walls, gifts from my dad
600) the smiling little yogurt painted face of my precious nephew
and one my own
601) getting out for a bit and helping my friend in her new house


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!