Saturday, October 31, 2015

31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes - Day 29 Sea

Sea....all my life I have lived close to the sea. I love the scent of the sea air and the soothing sound of waves as they rhythmically roll onto the shore. Sea air refreshes and calms me.

My fondest memories of the sea are of our days in Dar es Salaam. The water always turquoise blue and so warm. Long strolls searching for sand dollars and my little browned beach babes having a whale of a time swimming for hours on end. 

My daughter and I have a memory imprinted in our minds of a particular day when we were far out in those warm Indian Ocean waters. As we looked back to shore the water stretched out before us and we took a mental photograph of the magnificent view. Pristine beach with countless coconut palms and little beach huts known as bandas. Something similar to the image below but more beautiful...


Neither of us has forgotten that day or that mental image we captured.
 Some days I long to return to that precious and beautiful moment forever captured in time....

31 Days logo - 2015

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!