Saturday, May 1, 2010

Experiment time

We have had some fun with J's Physical Science as he has had to do some experiments. We all usually gather around to see what happens and sometimes a little help is needed from the other children.

In this particular experiment he used the oxygen from a mixture of peroxide and yeast to blow up the balloon, and then that oxygen was slowly released into a glass containing a burning candle. The oxygen made the candle burn much brighter.

We are still waiting for his new books to arrive so in the mean time he is able to spend plenty of time on his Physical Science and is making good progress. He is enjoying this area of his studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Please feel free to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you!